The Taney County Collector of Revenue is the elected official
responsible for collecting current and delinquent property taxes
for political subdivisions within the county which have state
approved property tax levies.
CANCELLATION OF 2020 TAX SALE
Posted by: Myka Braschler on July 15, 2020 at 02:33 PM
July 13, 2020
Per Missouri State Statute 140.160, a tax sale shall be commenced within 3 years of delinquent taxes. Collectors may have the sale when taxes are delinquent 1 year or 2 years, but they must have a tax sale and offer the property by 3 years delinquency.
Due to the following reasons, the Taney County Collector's office WILL NOT be conducting a 2020 Real Estate Tax Sale in August:
- COVID-19 recommendations of social distancing and wearing a face mask would make it high risk to our Tax Sale Bidders to be in close quarters for several hours here in the Commission Hearing Room. The past 3 years we have had 80-100 bidders with extra seating and spill over into the halls. While wearing a mask will make for a safer environment, it will make it difficult to speak and hear the bids.
- The economic impact the COVID-19 virus has had and continues to have on our taxpayers. Taney County has taxpayers all over the US and even living around the world. Giving them an extra year to pay their taxes will hopefully help relieve some of their stress.
- Certified mail is a requirement of the Tax Sale notification process. This year, because of COVID-19, the USPO was not requiring signatures on the certified mail. Because of this, it is recommended that signs be posted on the properties that are delinquent. As of this morning, that would be 716 signs posted in our county. Again, I think this would cause extra stress to our taxpayers that for at least another year, I believe could be avoided or at least lessened.
The Collector's Office collects and distributes railroad and
utilities, real estate and personal property taxes for:
Schools: Bradleyville, Taneyville, Forsyth, Branson, Hollister, Kirbyville, Mark
Twain, Spokane and Galena
Cities of: Branson, Forsyth, Hollister, Rockaway Beach, Merriam Woods,
Village of Bull Creek, and Saddlebrook
Taney County Health Department
Taney County Ambulance District
Developmental Disabled (SB 40)
Senior Citizens Service Fund
Fire districts: Central, Western, Cedar Creek and Protem
State of Missouri: Blind Pension Fund
Community Improvement Districts: Branson Hills and Branson Commerce Park
Tax Increment Finance Districts: Branson Hills, Branson Shoppes and Branson Landing
Merchant & Manufacturer Licenses to appropriate businesses or persons per RSMo. 150
- Conducts delinquent land tax sale the fourth Monday of August each year.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
Year-End Office Hours
The office will be closed for Thanksgiving, November 22nd & 23rd
The office will be closed Monday, December 24th & Tuesday, December 25th for Christmas.
Wednesday, December 26th - Friday, December 28th & December 31st, the office will be open 7am to 5pm.
The office will be closed January 1st for New Year's Day.
CAUTION: Payments must have a December postmark to avoid penalty and interest.
If you own real estate in Taney County you should receive a real estate
tax statement on each parcel of real estate.
If you live in Taney County on January 1st and owned a vehicle or boat,
etc that is licensed in Missouri you should receive a personal property
tax statement. IF you are a business that is in business on January 1st
you should receive a Business Personal Property Tax Statement. It is
the customer's responsibility to file their personal property assessment
form with the assessor's office. Failure to file your personal property
assessment form would prevent you from receiving a personal property
You should receive your tax statement by November 1st; the payment is
due by December 31st of the current year.
If you have any questions in regard to your tax statements please call
the collector's office as soon as possible at 417-546-7216.
There is a secure drop-box by the front doors of the court house to
drop off items for the Collector's office.
132 David Street - Forsyth, MO 65653
*Mail: P.O. Box 278 - Forsyth, MO 65653
(417) 546-7216 fax: (417) 546-3525
*Please use this address to mail USPS.